News: New Zero Hour Patch Announced!
Started by: Waraddict on 24.02.05 @ 11:30 PM
CNCSeries.Com Forum Thread - Located at http://www.cncseries.com/forum/?132

Posted by Waraddict, 23:30 24.02.05
hmm, seems pigs CAN fly. Grin

Posted by punkdave, 07:23 25.02.05
motive?

It's simply to give people what they want so they can make good sales on the next CnC game. I can already see most of the "F*** YOU EA!!" threads on the boards being replaced with "Thanks EA".

Once RA3 comes out you won't see anymore support for ZH and if they haven't brought back the WoL servers by then I highly doubt we'll ever see them again.
Posted by Rob, 10:11 25.02.05
The real question is, after satisfying all the Zero-Hour community, how long will they wait to announce Red Alert 3?

My bet would be in the near future (after the release of the patch). That would certainly make the most sense from a marketing perspective.
Posted by Neo_James, 21:50 25.02.05
Heh, won't be shocked that within the month after the patch they will reveil Red Alert 3, its not that uncommon to release big gaming news around March actually, and the patch is a nice touch, hopefully though, the patch will actually fix things as well and not just a shallow marketing ploy for RA3 Happy .
Posted by jacko3334, 01:26 26.02.05
Just be aware that this patch will not:

a) make zero hour a good game
b) make it in any way balanced
c) remove cheaters
d) make it appealing to more people
e) herald in an unprecedented era of support
Posted by Neo_James, 03:02 26.02.05

Originally posted by jacko3334...
Just be aware that this patch will not:

a) make zero hour a good game
b) make it in any way balanced
c) remove cheaters
d) make it appealing to more people
e) herald in an unprecedented era of support

Heh, well shall see jacko, though I agree with e. Happy
Posted by punkdave, 23:50 26.02.05
I agree with everything except for "e", but you have to admit that the chances of EA cleaning up its act are very slim.
Posted by bigguy563, 02:19 27.02.05
While techincally this belongs in the comments for the probable changes thing. All the talk about it is here. I just spent a few minutes reading the probable changes patch, and its a lot of changes. I think most of them are a good idea.
Posted by Chaotixs, 00:57 28.02.05
Isn't this just a community patch with an official release? Or so i've heard...
Posted by The_FBI, 01:39 28.02.05
I hate EA. They're just making this patch so people will stop complain about all the cheaters. u know ea perposly put those cheat in the game. I have my sources i am the FBI afterall. Also i haven't been able to win a game in weeks cause i get mismached or disconnected. Why did u have to kill westwood EA???? What did they do 2 u????? Angry grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!! be careful im the government EA
Posted by Xtermin8or, 17:16 01.03.05
At least I can now play the damn game at last. With the previous patch the game wouldn't even load up on my comp.Unhappy