blank My CNCSeries
Username:
Password:
blank
(Register)
Content Overview Files Database Tiberium Wars Section Red Alert 3 Section Zero Hour Section Generals Section Yuris Revenge Section Red Alert 2 Section Renegade Section About CNCSeries
» FAQ · History
» Staff · Contact Us

Header
blank
» Forum » Red Alert 2 Discussion » What are a good players best attributes?

Previous Thread In Forum Previous Thread ¦ Next Thread Next thread in forum
RobIconWhat are a good players best attributes?10:27 18.10.05 

Founder

Reps: 1598

#1, 928 Posts

10:27 18.10.05 - Edited

In your esteemed opinions, what attributes do you think a player needs to be good at in order to succeed at RA2?

I'll start..
  • Scouting
  • Positioning - (Base stretch, unit position, structure position)
  • Reaction - (Speed, ability to counter opponent's tactics)
  • Micro-Management - (Unit to unit: vital with tanks)
  • Awareness - (Watching the map, watching the opponent, thinking ahead)
  • Patience - (Important element, too easy to think it's in the bag perhaps?)
Any others guys? There must be loads.

ChrisIcon...14:16 18.10.05 

CNCS Site Champion

Reps: 601

#53, 312 Posts

blank
Knowing which map you're playing (QM only ofcourse) is also important. If you play it regularly it shouldn't be a problem though.

Also, you need to know the counter to different units or strategies.

ie, a Flak Track against some Rocketeers or pillboxes + fodder against rushes.

IMO, overall speed, agression and map knowledge can get a player quite far.

jacko3334Icon...14:38 18.10.05 

Reps: 509

#51, 281 Posts

blank
I think at top levels everyone is kind of level on most aspects of the game. What really sets you apart is not only tank battle micro, but also general awareness of what's going on. You can't do really well if you aren't quick enough and aware enough to effectively split and counter split or to see an engi or spy ifv heading to a war fac in time.

rfc2005Icon...15:04 18.10.05 

Reps: 46

#492, 11 Posts

blank
I think multi-tasking is very important, if you're able to split tanks,rockies and planes and deal with an engi ifv/flak or a paradrop all within a few seconds then I believe you can definitely become a much better player.

Also knowing how to manage your money well in laggy games aswell as fast games is pretty important.

RobIcon...16:57 18.10.05 

Founder

#1, 928 Posts

blank

Originally posted by rfc2005...
Also knowing how to manage your money well in laggy games aswell as fast games is pretty important.

How do you mean? I'm particularly interested in the answer for laggy games Embarassed

rfc2005Icon...17:24 18.10.05 

Reps: 46

#492, 11 Posts

blank

Originally posted by Rob...

Originally posted by rfc2005...

How do you mean? I'm particularly interested in the answer for laggy games Embarassed

Well for me personally, playing allied, if it's laggy I tend to delay things more than I usually would, like I would leave adding more war factories or teching till much later, same with rockies and planes,I just focus on keeping the tanks coming till I feel comfortable I can spend money on other things without falling behind.

Also watching your miners early and make sure they get the ore closest to refiniries is pretty good in my opininon, especially in laggy games.

punkdaveIcon...18:09 20.10.05 

Reps: 60

#100, 49 Posts

blank
Positioning is everything. If you can capture key points on the map and defend them well, then you'll have a much better economy than your opponent. Micro-managing, reaction and knowledge of your opponent doesn't matter when he has twice as many tanks as you do.

JimIcon...17:57 28.10.05 

Reps: 235

#10, 186 Posts

blank
  • Having too much time on their hands
  • Having waaaaaaaaay to much time on their hands.

RobIcon...20:02 28.10.05 

Founder

#1, 928 Posts

blank
As most people may have deduced, Jim's lack of ability must mean he has no free time at all.

PaulIcon...22:48 28.10.05 

( . Y . )

Reps: 465

#2, 317 Posts

blank
Scouting
Judging/critical decision making. When to get a second war fac up, judging the key moment to attack, etc.
Hotkeys/micro.
Distraction ability/awareness.

Probably in that order.

AshIcon...00:09 29.10.05 

Reps: 244

#3, 177 Posts

blank

Originally posted by Jim...
  • Having too much time on their hands
  • Having waaaaaaaaay to much time on their hands.

Ahaha my Dad just asked what the fuck I was laughing about.

Post A ReplyAdd New Thread

Navigation:

CNCSeries.Com