blank My CNCSeries
Username:
Password:
blank
(Register)
Content Overview Files Database Tiberium Wars Section Red Alert 3 Section Zero Hour Section Generals Section Yuris Revenge Section Red Alert 2 Section Renegade Section About CNCSeries
» FAQ · History
» Staff · Contact Us

Header
blank
» Forum » Comments » Battle Report: if10aty0u Vs. tututule

Previous Thread In Forum Previous Thread ¦ Next Thread Next thread in forum
jacko3334IconBattle Report: if10aty0u Vs. tututule15:17 09.02.06 

Reps: 509

#51, 281 Posts

blank
for anyone playing on heartland, it's often better to just go one miner and immediately put pressure on your opponent's derrick, so they can't easily expand from it. If you can expand from yours, giving you access to more ore patches, while they can't, you'll win.

ChrisIcon...15:18 09.02.06 

CNCS Site Champion

Reps: 601

#53, 312 Posts

blank
Hmm, I've always found it better to go for 2 miners, with Soviets that is. You can easily keep allies at bay with sentries and uber-rhinos.

jacko3334Icon...15:20 09.02.06 

#51, 281 Posts

blank
yes, but if you go two miners you won't have an equal number of tanks by the time you can place a building by your derrick to start stretching to the other ore patches.

I have seen people go 3 miners in some games, but it's hard to pull off. Allied players can do it well if the sov goes for 2 by making tanks+rocketeers simultaneously.

ChrisIcon...15:23 09.02.06 

CNCS Site Champion

#53, 312 Posts

blank
I don't place buildings by my derrick that early anyway. If he's going to pressure it I'll just drive my tanks there, keep him away with sentries / fodder and watch him getting stuck on his economy. I always found it better to get 2-3 miners on both two nearest patches at your starting position, before building off the derrick.

ChaotixsIcon...15:24 09.02.06 

Reps: 76

#137, 64 Posts

blank
Well against allies as sovs id usually just go 1 miner. Id rather the Allied player was keeping me at bay rather than the other way round.

jacko3334Icon...15:31 09.02.06 

#51, 281 Posts

blank
That's true I think. If you make 2 miners as sov, and the allied player goes for less, you give the initiative to the allied player, which is very dangerous.

I always find that it's important to take the fight to your opponent on Heartland, because it's a map on which expanding is so critical. Sure there are cases for any number of miners, 1, 2, or 3. I myself normally go for 2, but I've had games against top players where they go for one only and put me on the back foot for the entire game.

ChrisIcon...15:34 09.02.06 

CNCS Site Champion

#53, 312 Posts

blank
Well, on Heartland you have to be keen on tank splits. Watch the fecking bridges! There might just be two tanks sneaking along harassing your miners. Above all, on Heartland awareness is -with economy on 2nd place- the most important thing.

jacko3334Icon...15:37 09.02.06 

#51, 281 Posts

blank
Exactly. Once the game gets going it's absolutely crazy, with splits everywhere. Desolators are often pretty effective in guarding one of the bridges while you attack with force on the other 2 crossings. You can also sometimes surprise your opponent with a kirov from time to time, because your stretch will probably mean you end up quite close to your opponent's starting position.

The person who analyses each threat and responds to it properly will win the game. Many times I've seen people send off 10 tanks to stop an attack from 4, which means the other player can bring the fight right where he wants it with a localised numerical superiority.

ChrisIcon...15:44 09.02.06 

CNCS Site Champion

#53, 312 Posts

blank
Yeah it's sad to see players like that. I've often found some players keep up with production really well, sometimes better than me, but their tanks splits are horrible. I once took out an MCV with 3 rhinos, when his were just sitting there about half a screen away. He then decided to split up his tanks in two groups, one to the bottom left and one to the top right. He hadn't noticed I was blowing up both bridges with Ivan when he gave them the command. They blew uo just in time before he could reach me (would have held him off quite easily with a few sentries and desos I'd massed), making his tanks drive all around the map in a straight line, right towards my ENTIRE force hassling his bottom left expansion. With about 20-22 tanks to his 25 or so, I won with 9 left, 6 full health and others either yellow or slightly damaged. He put up a good fight with deso camping but I outproduced in a matter of minutes, as I had my expansion while I denied his. Kind of ruins a good game, sadly.

jacko3334Icon...15:50 09.02.06 

#51, 281 Posts

blank
Yep, I also often find it's important to have a general idea of how many tanks you both have. With so many splits going on you often don't have an idea of whether you could win in a single fight. If you know you have the numerical advantage, you can often force the issue by taking the fight to his base with all your tanks. Good players will make it very hard for you to do this however, by, as Chris said, limiting your movement ability with desos and ivans.

I remember once a game I had on this map back in WOL days. I was easily winning aginst the current #1, and had a force of tanks in the top right guarding the bridge, and also a group in the bottom of the map harrassing him. I was winning so easily that either of this groups could almost have taken him out alone. I made a retarded mistake of selecting all units across the map, instead of the hotkey for my lower group of tanks. This meant that my group on the upper right corner ran right into his tank mass+sentries. Eventually he only won by a single elite tank, but it was a very costly mistake. Looking back it's amazing how much i've improved.

ChrisIcon...15:56 09.02.06 

CNCS Site Champion

#53, 312 Posts

blank
Makes me think of 'my WOL QM days', sadly those were in the time EA just left WOL to die basically. I came across HORDES of cheaters in QM, but learned the basics nonetheless. I don't like losing, but back then I really, really took losses bad compared to now. That made me a noobbasher for 1.5 years until after the redirection I decided not to be a newbie and play decent players. First month after 10 months off I had 40W-20L, so a 2:1. Second month after the 10 month break I ended up 62-21, so a 3:1. Then in December I had a record of 42-9, so a 5:1, ending up 16th on the ladder. It's the best training there is: Learn by losing from good players.

jacko3334Icon...16:07 09.02.06 

#51, 281 Posts

blank
Exactly. You can't learn much from playing the same old crappy players over and over again. I always used to relish the chance to play the absolute best of the game from time to time in the early days of the month, even though I got slaughtered. Makes me wonder why people complain about having to play good players and getting slaughtered in the first days of the month, they should view it as an opportunity instead of a waste of a few minutes.

Post A Reply

Navigation:

CNCSeries.Com