blank My CNCSeries
Username:
Password:
blank
(Register)
Content Overview Files Database Tiberium Wars Section Red Alert 3 Section Zero Hour Section Generals Section Yuris Revenge Section Red Alert 2 Section Renegade Section About CNCSeries
» FAQ · History
» Staff · Contact Us

Header
blank
» Forum » Comments » News: January Over - New Points Record

Previous Thread In Forum Previous Thread ¦ Next Thread Next thread in forum
RobIconNews: January Over - New Points Record10:23 01.02.06 

Founder

Reps: 1598

#1, 928 Posts

blank
I just about managed to stop myself from boasting about my second place with Cuba - a new Soviet record for me, though I hardly ever built any terrorists!

I know Jacko could have gone higher if he tried, but 42 is still excellent.

Paul did surprisingly well considering he didnt play for the last two weeks (top 300 I think). Pat also had a good start to the month but presumably is now back at uni and no longer able to play?

Unlucky for Tomi, I don't understand why he didn't just beat some low ranks in custom games - you still get at least a point right?

jacko3334Icon...11:17 01.02.06 

Reps: 509

#51, 281 Posts

11:20 01.02.06 - Edited

I was going to get a nick into the top 10 on the last day, but totally forgot about it until about midnight. I was at 30-0 900pts before losing to quite possibly the worst player ever to grace XWIS, which kind of pissed me off so I just gave up, which was probably a wise decision given that it was 5am.

I'll see what I can do about playing this month. I'm going away in a week or two, then pretty much as soon as I come back uni starts. I guess I'll always be able to play at 3am, but one of my friends has expressed an intention to get me out of this bad habit by inviting me out to places at obscenely early times such as 9am, so I'm not sure how long that will last.

Tomi was playing right upto the end of the month, but he probably left his run a bit late, and he was already upto the game limit with sash and I presume sovsordie/tank2own had gone somewhere else or already played him too many times. Anyway, I saw in a topic on ST he played vs Jeff in a lbl game where he 2 war rushed to get the points in quickly before the end of the month, and ended up losing. Luckily for him the loss didn't count because the month had just finished.

I'm still pretty happy with how I did on my allied nick "ephemeral". I went 2-2 with Murphy, which is a shared nick between Pat and Sash, including the closest game I've ever played which I won with only a half dead refinery left. I also smashed him as Allies vs Iraq from bl on blitzen, quite possibly the most disadvantaged spot going around. I'll never work out why I win from those spots and lose on fair maps, it's probably because I concentrate more, which is critical as allies.

JimIcon...12:46 01.02.06 

Reps: 235

#10, 186 Posts

blank
To be honest I was super impressed with MaryWest's performance

PaulIcon...13:20 01.02.06 

( . Y . )

Reps: 465

#2, 317 Posts

blank
Hadn't played for 2 weeks and still beat rob 2 out of 3 games on the back of 5 hours sleep and not playing for 2 weeks, as stated. And I was Korea, and him the supremely overpowered Iraq.

Lawl.

jacko3334Icon...13:48 01.02.06 

#51, 281 Posts

blank
hah, reminds me of the best game I had this month. My Korea vs Ausiejord's Iraq on Heartland. By the end of it I had 8 eagles, atleast 5 of which were veteran and a couple elite. He got quite pissed off, to say the least, I don't think a single tank of his managed to cross the river.

ChrisIcon...15:28 01.02.06 

CNCS Site Champion

Reps: 601

#53, 312 Posts

blank
I'm missing the announcement for December?

jacko3334Icon...16:52 01.02.06 

#51, 281 Posts

blank
I doubt that'll come for awhile. I'd like it to, seeing as I finished 9th on the hall of fame. http://xwis.net/xcl/?hof=

ChaotixsIcon...22:11 01.02.06 

Reps: 76

#137, 64 Posts

blank
Yep , no playing til end of march Unhappy Gotta make do with pro evo.

RobIcon...22:13 01.02.06 

Founder

#1, 928 Posts

blank
I'm not posting any news regarding the December ladder, because it happens to be February. Old hat. Unfortunately I was too busy at the start of January.

It's so cute how you're proud of your little victories from TR on Lake Blitzen and Montana, Paul. Remember, the series is currently 8-2, so you're still struggling rather shamefully.

PaulIcon...23:21 01.02.06 

( . Y . )

#2, 317 Posts

blank
And I would have had the third on GSF until you resorted to cheap engi tactics. As ever.

Quite embarrassing that you've lost any to allies, to be honest! Tongue

RobIcon...09:44 02.02.06 

Founder

#1, 928 Posts

blank
What a pathetic excuse. Allies are a useful team. But probably not for you because you're a fairly average player who can't create any of your own tactics - those who copy others will always only be second rate.

PaulIcon...16:15 02.02.06 

( . Y . )

#2, 317 Posts

blank
It's hilarious I've won more than 1 as allies. Your anus will be wide enough to drive a bus up it once we do an Iraq vs Iraq series.

JimIcon...19:40 02.02.06 

Reps: 235

#10, 186 Posts

blank
Boys, Boys.

Post A Reply

Navigation:

CNCSeries.Com