blank My CNCSeries
Username:
Password:
blank
(Register)
Content Overview Files Database Tiberium Wars Section Red Alert 3 Section Zero Hour Section Generals Section Yuris Revenge Section Red Alert 2 Section Renegade Section About CNCSeries
» FAQ · History
» Staff · Contact Us

Header
blank
» Forum » Comments » Battle Report: robofcncs Vs. attack

Previous Thread In Forum Previous Thread ¦ Next Thread Next thread in forum
RobIconBattle Report: robofcncs Vs. attack23:23 29.11.05 

Founder

Reps: 1598

#1, 928 Posts

blank
Comments please: was I unsporting, or was it the right thing to do?

erikmcfarIcon...23:48 29.11.05 

All-time Rep: 7000+

Reps: 387

#5, 318 Posts

blank
Unsporting? Not really, though, given that same scenario 100 times, you probably lose 99. The really only way I see it as unsporting, is, that you had absolutely nothing to lose by pulling what you did, you are in a severly dominated position, you had been beaten, honestly I don't know what you were hoping for by turtling around your repair depot. You did good by taking doing what you did, very lucky it went perfectly.

Still after that had I been in his position, I would have refused to attack doing my own turtle around what I had left of my base and said, "I am in a better position, I beat you, I am not going to attack you (as in this case, he who attacks loses) I think I should get the win and I am going to sit here and wait until you attack or you quit."

RobIcon...23:54 29.11.05 

Founder

#1, 928 Posts

blank
Hmm, interesting. The thing is, I could have attacked I wanted to. Admittedly, it would have been very difficult. This a screenshot showing the situation /temp/attackgame.jpg. Doesn't show the 4 veteran tanks he had to the right, though their health wasn't great.

I could have probably used 3 desolators in sequence and have gone around the pillboxes - perhaps even sending my miner in to destroy them with the protection of the desos (didn't consider this until all his tanks were gone to be honest).

You make an interesting point about turtling in response - but if he had, surely I would have come out better?

erikmcfarIcon...00:08 30.11.05 

#5, 318 Posts

00:09 30.11.05 - Edited

Okay, so you do that, tanks are faster than desolators, he races them around the map until you screw up and he can take one at a time with a group of tanks sacrficing one or so each time. Either that or you leave your base only with two desolators, making quick hit an runs against your remaining structures much easier and how pretell are you going to win(talking about him turtling)? What are you going to take out those structures with, particularly the pill boxes (assuming he dodges your desos?

RobIcon...00:17 30.11.05 

Founder

#1, 928 Posts

blank
The war miner. Has longer range than the pillboxes, plus it self heals.

With seven desolators, you can use them all in tandem to cover an awful lot of the map. If he comes in to kill one - you can draw it back, while still having plenty of radiation there from the ones supporting it from behind.

It would probably have proved very hard - but I'm sure it would be possible (granted it would take some luck like you mention).

Sitting back and waiting for him to foolishly attack was probably the best option.

erikmcfarIcon...02:06 30.11.05 

#5, 318 Posts

blank
you had 5 desos, where are these other two appearing from? Unless these tanks are on life support, i don't think its doing the damage you say, especially if he only uses 5 at a time. Besides, if you use all of the desos you have whats stopping him from taking his 15 tanks and blowing up your base? Supply depots don't count as buildings so he wouldn't have to destroy it.

jacko3334Icon...06:29 30.11.05 

Reps: 509

#51, 281 Posts

06:32 30.11.05 - Edited

haha, that was brilliant. He fully deserved it for being such a sod, though it's bloody annoying having your engi eaten on that map because bottom left always needs to worry about their opponent being at the top instead of tr.

Kind of lucky none of his tanks had gotten elite.

Also, ever considered turning your reso down a touch to increase game speed? Tongue

RobIcon...09:59 30.11.05 

Founder

#1, 928 Posts

blank

Originally posted by erikmcfar...
you had 5 desos, where are these other two appearing from?

Below the barracks. I made a nice circle of radiation - I didn't want him attacking from any side.

Originally posted by erikmcfar...
Besides, if you use all of the desos you have whats stopping him from taking his 15 tanks and blowing up your base?

That's what he should have tried - but it probably wouldn't have worked anyway. Like I said, they were all on poor health (perhaps 3 were in green, around 6-7 low yellow and the rest red). I don't think he could have killed a reactor, barracks and 2 sentry guns in that time - while getting hit by the radiation, the sentrys, the depot and the war miner, which proved excellent at picking them off.

Originally posted by jacko3334...
Also, ever considered turning your reso down a touch to increase game speed?

No - the graphics look extremely blurry at anything less than 1024. That's the only resolution this laptop works in!

erikmcfarIcon...14:55 30.11.05 

#5, 318 Posts

blank

Originally posted by Rob...That's what he should have tried - but it probably wouldn't have worked anyway. Like I said, they were all on poor health (perhaps 3 were in green, around 6-7 low yellow and the rest red). I don't think he could have killed a reactor, barracks and 2 sentry guns in that time - while getting hit by the radiation, the sentrys, the depot and the war miner, which proved excellent at picking them off.

No you missed what I said, if your desos are chasing his tanks around the map, there there are no desos left to defend the base.

I might be wrong, but grizzys aren't the most vulnerable thing to radiation, especially in comparasion to mirage, prism and ifv. I'd take my chances using my three green tanks and two of the healthier yellows to kill the lead deso each time you made a leap, plus tanks are faster than desos

ChrisIcon...23:31 03.12.05 

CNCS Site Champion

Reps: 601

#53, 312 Posts

blank
Attack is a noob. He used to 1-map LBL and is rather big-headed.

Post A Reply

Navigation:

CNCSeries.Com